Wednesday 26 October 2016

The Pihu Diary: Lessons of Life

Dear Daughter,

Surprise is when you wafted into my world a good 20 days before time- 
the fragrant scent that would fill it forever.

Amazement is you picking up new words everyday and having conversations with me at the age of 2.

Understanding is knowing you are only two and will ask incessant questions.

Maturity is realising the role cut out for me will entail a lot of sacrifices and compromises but in time, will bear rewards.

Fear is seeing you get hurt in any way.

Patience is playing the adult who will have to watch out for ever baby step you take.

Fortitude is learning that you will test my persistence and will power a lot.

Concern is waking up at 3 am to check if you are breathing easy.

Care is coaxing you to drink up that medicine and using every tactic to get you to do it.

Obstinacy is when you still refuse!

Expectation is waiting for you to become a woman who I can see a part of me in, 
take flight on a journey of your own.

Love is when you pull me close to you and give me the world’s sweetest kiss ever, 
the most priceless acknowledgement of whatever I do for you.

Optimism is hoping our bond strengthens over time, and with every passing day.

Sadness is thinking that you will leave the nest as soon as you are old enough to look away.

Excitement is leading your hand to discover the myriad joys of this world, 
and seeing your eyes shine with glee.


Pride is creating all of you...in flesh and blood,born out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment